The Philip and Connie Phillips Foundation
The Philip and Connie Phillips Foundation makes grants to support charities in Kent and Medway who demonstrate their impact on the health and wellbeing of their local community.
- Amount Available
- £5,000 to £10,000
- Type of funding
- Club, Group or Organisation
About The Philip and Connie Phillips Foundation
Who can apply?
- Registered charities located in and mainly operating in the area covered by Kent County Council and Medway
- Charities with total annual income between £10,000 and £1 million, as shown in your most recent set of accounts
The Foundation has the following funding priority areas:
Elderly and Isolated
We want to support charities working with people who are elderly and isolated, particularly in rural areas. This may include activities to help improve people's lives, or meal services, befriending, advice or other support.
We support charities who help people who are homeless, lack stable accommodation or are in insecure or vulnerable housing.
Strengthening local communities
We support charities to improve people's health and wellbeing. This could include providing access to services, supporting people and families facing financial hardship (such as foodbanks and debt advice) or helping to combat isolation (such as befriending services or social inclusion projects).
People with a long-term health condition or disability
We fund charities who support people living with disabilities and long-term health conditions, including helping people manage at home independently.
What we will fund
- Contributions to general running costs, volunteer costs, salaries and project costs
- Most grants will be in the region of £5,000 to £10,000 and could be spread over one or two years
- We will have three grant rounds each year
What we will not fund
- Charities based outside of the area of Kent County Council and Medway
- Charities who, although based in Kent, deliver most of their work outside of the county. Please note any funding will be restricted to Kent based work
- Charities with income under £10,000 or over £1 million
- Contributions to capital appeals, including the restoration and conservation of buildings
- Equipment (unless as a percentage of project costs)
- Academic research, scholarships or bursaries
- Nurseries, schools and colleges
- Work which has already taken place
Active Kent & Medway is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.