Education Sports Coach
We are looking for an inspirational coach to join our amazing charity which makes a positive impact to the lives of children and young people. The role involves using the power of sport and physical activity to positively engage young people in both schools and communities. Active Fusion is an award-winning charity whose mission is to help every child develop a love for being active by unlocking potential and creating positive habits for life. We are a close team who are passionate, dedicated, and motivated; our positive culture is the foundation to our success.
- £17,700 to £18,278
- Full Time
- Active Fusion
- Placed On
- Mon 16th May, 2022
- 12:00pm - Fri 10th June, 2022
- Interview Date
- Mon 20th June, 2022
About Education Sports Coach
The Education Sports Coach will:
- Deliver sessions in schools and communities in line with the national curriculum.
- Work with National Governing bodies of sport (NGB's) and other relevant sport development agencies.
- Plan engaging and innovative activities using either sport, physical activity and skill development.
- Provide children and young people with great experiences using the power of sport.
- Demonstrate the effectiveness of sport and skill development.
- Maintain good relationships with key stakeholders - children, parents, business. managers, school teachers, headteachers, PE leads.
- Use customer insight to design interventions.
- Use ICT to monitor and evaluate programmes to measure impact and demonstrate outcomes.
- Understand the importance of physical activity and a healthy lifestyle.
- Help to use sport and skill development as a tool for social change.
- Understand the principals of safeguarding, child protection and working with vulnerable adults.
- Be first aid trained.
- The potential opportunity to study level 3 CSHO qualification.
The successful candidate will have experience in:
- Leading sessions of sport and physical activity sessions with a primary school setting.
- Maintaining relationships with key contacts in schools.
- Using various approaches to change attitudes to sport and physical activity in local communities.
- Supporting people to become involved in the preparation, planning and delivery of sport and exercise.
- Communicating clearly with a range of different groups in a range of different ways.
- Adapting to different situations and use own initiative to problem solve.
- Building partnerships with local communities, businesses, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Ensuring that provision is inclusive, customer focused and accessible.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Excellent work ethic and attention to detail.
- Superb time management.
- A positive attitude to work and be a role model within communities.
- A willingness to work as a team but also individually.
- An appetite to learn and develop personally and professionally.
- All the Active Fusion values in the way that they work and live.
- Be able to travel independently to various location across South Yorkshire
Candidates must have any one of the following: a multi skills level 2 coaching qualifications, Level 2 National Governing Body of Sport or Community/Higher sports leaders' awards qualifications.
Candidates without level 2 (or equivalent) will need to achieve this before the final assessment.
Why work for Active Fusion?
- Award winning charity
- Training & Development opportunities
- 94% of staff have job satisfaction and enjoy working for Active Fusion.
- 5% Employer Contribution to pension scheme after 3 months service.
- On-site parking.
Successful Applicants will be offered a contract subject to:
- A clear enhanced DBS Check
- Subject to 2 satisfactory references
Please send a completed copy of your application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 10th June 2022. Application forms can be downloaded from our website.
If you would like to know more information about the role then please email your query to email@example.com
Kent Sport is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.