Wicketz Development Officer
Yorkshire Cricket Foundation are looking for a Wicketz Development Officer, reporting to the Participation Manager, based at Headingley Stadium with Flexible/Hybrid working. The role will also require travel across Leeds and Bradford. In this role you will: • Sustain and develop three, sustainable community cricket hubs across Leeds and Bradford, that operate all year round, offering participation, learning opportunities and personal development for 8-19 year olds.
About Wicketz Development Officer
The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation is a registered charity that delivers community projects across the county. Using the power of sport and cricket in particular, the Foundation aims to make a lasting, positive impact on the lives of those living in Yorkshire.
The work of the foundation falls under four key themes: • Education • Health & Wellbeing • Participation • Heritage.
We are now looking for a Wicketz Development Officer, reporting to the Participation Manager, based at Headingley Stadium with Flexible/Hybrid working. The role will also require travel across Leeds and Bradford.
In this role you will:
• Sustain and develop three, sustainable community cricket hubs across Leeds and Bradford, that operate all year round, offering participation, learning opportunities and personal development for 8-19 year olds.
Find out more about our Wicketz programme here.
Yorkshire Cricket Foundation operates equal opportunities and acceptable behaviour policies. We welcome and encourage applications from people from all communities – both nationally and locally, recognising that a diverse workforce is beneficial for the organisation and the communities it serves.
To apply for the role, you should meet the following criteria:
• Awareness of relevant sport and community programmes, agencies and initiatives
• Understanding of how engagement in sport can positively impact on wider social and community issues
• Awareness of cricket/sport development pathways and coaching guidelines
• Ability to relate to, and engage, young people and adults from different backgrounds
• Be self-motivated and can motivate others
• Ability to reflect, review and adapt
• Ability to work within a team
• Ability to use a solution focused approach to problem solving
• Ability to meet agreed targets
• Ability to work unsupervised
• Good IT skills
• Ability to evaluate all activity in an agreed format
• Able to operate safely within the workplace by identifying risk and using safe working practices
• Excellent organisation skills and ability to multi-task
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Experience in delivering safe, structured and enjoyable sports/cricket coaching in schools, clubs or local communities
• Experience in using sport for development, both for individuals and the community
• Experience of organising competitions and events
• Ability to encourage a healthy and active lifestyle to improve behaviour, concentration and academic success
• Experience of supporting children to enhance their social and life skills through sport
• Ability to work alongside teachers and community figures to instill core values amongst children and young adults
• Ability to manage and motivate volunteers and other YCF staff
• Understanding of the needs of target groups including women & girls, minority ethnic communities, disabled people and people from disadvantaged background and areas of deprivation
• Experience of delivering development initiatives
• An ECB cricket coaching qualification
• ECB UKCC Level 2 or equivalent cricket coaching qualification
• Attendance on First Aid and Safeguarding & Protecting Children courses
• Experience of undertaking risk assessments
For an informal discussion about the post or for the job description please contact Kendal James, the YCF Participation Mananger, on E: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please click the link below where you will find the full job description, and submit a cover letter outlining how your skills and experience fit the role, alongside a CV, to email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is Monday 31st January at 5pm.
Interviews are to be held on week-commencing Monday 7th February.
For further information on the Yorkshire Cricket Foundation, please visit our website www.yorkshirecricketfoundation.com and our social media channels.
Kent Sport is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.