Safeguarding and Compliance Officer
An exciting opportunity has arisen at the RFL, the national governing body for Rugby League in the UK. We are seeking to appoint a Safeguarding and Compliance Officer. Your role will be to assist with the administration and organisation of the Safeguarding and Compliance teams as directed by the Safeguarding Manager.
- Manchester, M17 1HH
- Contact Name
- Jo Coultrup
- Contact Telephone
- Contact Email
- £17,500 - £19,000
- Full Time
- Placed On
- Tue 11th January, 2022
- 12:00am - Tue 25th January, 2022
- Sport / Activity
- Rugby League
About Safeguarding and Compliance Officer
Principal duties will include, but not limited to:
- Manage a small noncomplex case load to ensure efficient and timely completion of case investigations in line with the RFL Safeguarding Policy and Operational Rules.
- Gather witness statements to incidents and allegations, from victims and those subject to allegation.
- Keep all case files up to date using the RFL case management system. Ensuring all information recorded and held is done so in accordance with data protection and confidentiality legislation.
- Support the Safeguarding Manager in coordinating the work of the RFL Safeguarding Case Management Group, including taking meeting minutes and producing the agenda.
- Together with the Safeguarding Manager act as a point of contact for all Safeguarding concern
- Run the weekly DBS report and request all certificates which contain content are sent to the RFL, and log receipt of them once received.
- Manage administrative duties of the DBS process which includes chasing emails and the issuing of do not deploy notices for any noncompliance with the process.
- Download and cut match footage for On Field misconduct Library
- Attend the Match Review Panel meetings and assist with the administration and running of the meetings.
- Update On Field and Off Field case management records
- Prepare case files to send to defendants and Operational Rules Tribunal in both On Field and Off Field cases
- Liaise with defendants and Operational Rules Tribunals to set up Hearings in line with the Operational Rules
Appointment may be made subject to a DBS check.
Working for the Rugby Football League will provide you with the opportunity to get involved with a wide range of exciting events. We are a united workforce, striving for excellence in all that we do. We are not a 9-5 organisation and encourage our team members to actively participate across all levels of the sport in a professional and respectful way.
To apply please visit: RFL External Careers (current-vacancies.com)
The closing date for applications is 25th January 2022.
The Rugby Football League has confirmed that it will be relocating to the Etihad Campus in East Manchester. This will be a phased relocation which will take place by Spring 2022.
The Rugby Football League welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons but has a commitment to progress towards greater diversity within its workforce.
If you are an applicant with disability who meets the essential requirements of the job, we will interview you. We would be pleased to receive applications in alternative formats
Kent Sport is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.