Summary: Satellite Clubs are funded extensions of community sports clubs or physical activity sessions which specifically target the 14-19 age group. These sessions should be established in new venues which are more convenient and accessible for young people e.g. youth clubs, secondary schools or colleges.
- Contact Name
- Daniel Bromley
- 03000 417927
- Type of funding
- Club, Group or Organisation
- Kent Sport
About Satellite Clubs
Sport England's Satellite Clubs Core Principles:
- New Satellite Club delivery must be focused on young people aged 14-19.
- Satellite Clubs should be targeted at helping these young people become active or build regular activity habits and should focus on underrepresented groups in sport. These include, but are not limited to, females, young people with disabilities and those from lower socio-economic groups.
- Activity provided through satellite clubs should be aligned to achieving the Chief Medical Officer's recommendation of delivering moderate to vigorous intensity physical activity.
- Satellite clubs should be young people (customer) led, including involving young people in decisions and design, thus creating greater customer satisfaction.
- Satellite clubs should be linked to or developed into a regular sport and/or physical activity opportunity.
- Satellite clubs should be underpinned by appropriate safeguarding standards.
- Kent Sport suggests that projects should plan to run for a minimum of 18 weeks, and aim to become financially self-sufficient in the longer term.
- Friday 22 January 2021
- Friday 12 February 2021
NB: Satellite Clubs which have received two or three consecutive years of funding will need to demonstrate additional sources of income to contribute at least 20% of the overall expenditure towards their projects, e.g. club contributions, in-kind reduction in coaching fees, school/pupil premium contributions, small participant fees (venue hire costs are not encouraged on school sites). Satellites which have received four consecutive years of funding will need to contribute 50% of the costs and will be limited to one successful application in the above rounds.
In addition to the traditional school/college based Satellite Clubs, we are keen to develop new projects to engage with young people who are disaffected from education/sport settings, in locations where they feel more comfortable (e.g. youth centers, community facilities, youth hubs), so please contact us if you would be interested in developing such a project.
If you wish to develop new clubs and be linked with a venue/deliverer, or require support to submit an application for an existing club, please contact your local Satellite Club Link Maker whose details can be found at https://www.kentsport.org/satellite-clubs
Kent Sport is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.