Maidstone Borough Council - Community Resilience Fund
Maidstone Borough Council has launched the Community Resilience Fund of £160,000 to help local voluntary and community organisations recover from the impacts that Covid-19 has had on their services.
- Amount Available
- £500 to £5,000
- Type of funding
- Club, Group or Organisation, Improving Health
- 11:45pm - Fri 11th February, 2022
About Maidstone Borough Council - Community Resilience Fund
The pandemic has gone on for a lot longer than we first imagined, deeply impacting our communities. Particularly those experiencing loneliness, social isolation or poor mental health.
We've launched the Community Resilience Fund of £160,000 to help local voluntary and community organisations recover from the impacts that Covid-19 has had on their services.
We'll distribute the fund in three rounds over 12 months. You can apply for funding of between £500 and £5,000. It's a one-off payment aimed at projects that'll benefit the residents of Maidstone. The amount you get will be based on your organisations individual needs.
The extra money should help support your work with residents, particularly those who may have become vulnerable because of the pandemic.
What type of projects are covered by the fund?
Projects covered could include:
- Befriending schemes to tackle loneliness
- Employability schemes for residents that have faced unemployment caused by the pandemic
- Grassroots sports clubs who need funding to purchase kit and equipment for children to encourage increased fitness and mental wellbeing
- Schemes designed to encourage residents to access nature for exercise and wellbeing
- Support schemes targeting residents whose mental health has suffered because of loneliness or isolation due to the pandemic
- Youth groups providing recreation opportunities for young people
Applications should be able to demonstrate:
- How they will support people in the community
- Who will be supported
- How it will be delivered
- What impact it'll have on people's health and wellbeing
Applications for the first round of funding will close on Friday 11 February 2022.
Kent Sport is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.