Kent Sport - Safeguarding & Protecting Children
By the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- Identify good practice to promote a positive relationship with children
- Identify situations and practice that might constitute either poor practice or possible abuse
- Identify ways of dealing with your own feelings and state what constitutes neglect, physical, sexual and emotional abuse
- Recognise signs and symptoms of abuse and appreciate why reporting it is often difficult
- Identify appropriate action if a child discloses they have been abused
- Describe appropriate practice that reduces the likelihood of abuse occurring
Cost of the workshop also includes access to a digital resource
Please note that attendees may find some of the topics covered challenging or upsetting, as a result, attendees must be at least 16 years old and those under 18 must be accompanied by an adult chaperone. (The chaperone is not required to pay for an additional place and cannot be someone who has booked a paid place to attend). Please let us know if a chaperone will be attending via email@example.com
Please note this is the NEW Safeguarding & Protection Children workshop, updated in April 2022.
Online card payment is taken through Paypal (you do not need to have a Paypal account). To pay offline, please select the relevant option on the booking form and then post a cheque made payable to 'Kent County Council' to:
Active Kent (Kent County Council)
30 Kings Hill Avenue,
Please write the name of the course and those attending on the reverse of the cheque.